- Project List
- Teddybears for J. D. Kortzeborn Child Advocacy Center (In-Home Project)
Teddybears for J. D. Kortzeborn Child Advocacy Center (In-Home Project)
Date & Time:
Saturday, October 3, 2020
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
2 have signed up & 78 openings remain.
Calling all sewers! My name is Jeanette Jensen, and I have a great project that people can do in their own homes at their own pace. I run a volunteer group teddybears4kids.org that makes and donates teddy bears to traumatized children in San Joaquin County.The child advocacy center in French Camp is still heavily in need and accepting of our teddy bears even during this pandemic time. I am more than willing and able to assist individuals to get started to make teddy bears in their homes.
All volunteers must FIRST purchase a copy of the Simplicity 8155 Teddy Bear ($13.27).
To make this purchase, please go to this link here: Simplicity Pattern 8155 Teddy Bear (The reason ALL volunteers must purchase their own pattern copy is because Teddy Bears 4 Kids does not own the pattern, Simplicity does. Even if you just sign up to stuff empty bears or work on dresses or vests, I ask that you still purchase a pattern copy. That way all volunteers are able to handle the patterns and pieces without risk of potentially infringing on the rights of the copyright owner-Simplicity.) After you have purchased a copy of the pattern, please email me at email@example.com the following information:
● a PDF copy of your receipt for buying the Simplicity 8155 pattern
● whether you want to help cut out pattern pieces, pin/baste or sew
● your contact information including full name, phone and email
● whether you give me permission to use your name publicly to thank you for your work on our Teddy Bear social media sites (this website, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Trello) or you wish to remain anonymous
Give me at least a couple days to respond.
Thank you for your time!
- Love Manteca would like to kindly ask that you respect the safety of all involved in this amazing day by following health and safety protocols. While performing your project, please practice social distancing of 6+ feet, wear a face mask, and regularly sanitize your hands. If you feel at all ill, we ask you to contact your project leader and refrain from participation in this day.